Search This Blog

Sunday 1 May 2011

I'm back... hopefully for good



Hmm I must be the QUEEN of procrastination. I don't know how many weeks I've been telling myself I will write on my blog. Weeks turned into months and hey what do you know it's 2011 already.I remember when I was addicted to writing on my blog. Any thought I had that was the least bit interesting I would blog it. Now I don't know.....

Part of my mind tried to reason that I did not have many people reading my blog so there was no pressing need to gratify my hundreds of followers. Then I thought. I've never really needed a crowd in order to get my point across and never will ;). Anyway it gave me a chance to reveal my more private thoughts.

So what happened? I guess I could use the most reader friendly excuse and say that life got in the way. Or I could just be real and say that I never made the time to write my blog. However I funnily made time to read everyone else's. (Did I hear someone say lazy? ;)) maybe lool.

Anyway in the words of Donnie Mcclurkin we fall down but we get up. So my blog is finally back!
writing is my outlet and although I often released this in the form of poetry (yes I do write). It is often more euphoric to write what is on my mind without it being shrouded in imagery and metaphorical phrases.

So lets get started....

This year is a year of transformation for me. Although every year has been since the age of 14. (yep that long). This year is one of being pro-active instead of dreaming about what my life should be like. This is a year about laying down the foundation for my dreams to become a reality. This time I have the help of a higher power (yes that's God my first love).

Not being one to conform I am starting some new resolution's now. (Yep right now and one of them is to not procrastinate :)) because it does not take the month of January for it to be a new year for you. If you like you can join me. Feel free to email me if you want any advise or want to share your story of change. ( I may not be a psychologist but 7 years of trying to transform teaches you a lot).

Yes this is the year the ugly duckling becomes a swan, the butterfly emerges from the cocoon and other cheesy analogies.

I may even try to make my blog more interactive. You know post videos on youtube, post pictures of myself shock horror and also perform my poetry, so lets see how it goes.

I looked at videos on youtube about self love and felt this one was very inspirational. Hope you enjoy it. xxxxx

(p.s I looked at some grammatical errors I had on the last post and cringed I obviously was half awake when I wrote that one smh)
(p.p.s my blog is undergoing some technical difficulties with the background it will be jazzed up soon I promise :p)








No comments:

Post a Comment