Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Book review: Double Cross Malorie Blackman


This is not a book review but more of a book summary or note for alas time is not at hand. With a four hour commute almost everyday books are slowly becoming my best friend and I am glad we have reconciled our sometimes distant but never disappointing relationship. I started reading the Noughts and Crosses series a while ago. I recently found out that there was another book in the series that I had not known about, Double Cross, so of course I had to read it.

If you do not know abut the Noughts and Crosses series I suggest you quickly become acquainted. It is about a world where the roles are upside down. Black people are in power (Crosses) and they discriminate and oppress the white people (Noughts). In the last book of the series, Double Cross. Malorie Blackman explores the issue of gang culture. I love this series as Malorie Blackman does not portray the characters as just black and white but there are many shades of grey(lol like the pun). I will not give the book away but she ends it with a guy crying and I remember just thinking, I feel your pain!

This is definitely a good read but if you have not read the other books you may not follow the plot so start from the beginning!

This series should definitely become a film.









No comments:

Post a Comment